Monday, March 12, 2007

Doctor check-up

On Thursday, Isabella had her 16-18 month well baby visit. Yes, I know. We are behind. She, in fact, is 21 months old, but since she was adopted, she lacked some standard vaccines. So she's behind a few months. She'll finally catch up in June with her 2-year well baby visit.

But anyways, she's doing wonderfully! Her new doctor was really impressed with her verbal and fine motor skills. A lot of Isabella's skills weren't even on the list of things a 21-month-old toddler should be able to do. It was so good to hear that she's doing well (even though I knew it already!)

The only hiccup accorded when the nurse asked me to strip Isabella for her weigh-in. Normally Isabella loves being naked, but today she knew a stranger wanted her to do something. She screamed as we put her on the scale. The nurse told me to have Isabella clap. So I told her to clap. But the screaming didn't stop. She just sat there, naked, screaming and clapping as fast as she could. It was adorable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear the "screaming, crying, clapping" story it just cracks me up. That would have been hilarious to see in person. To bad there's no pictures of that. I told mom that no matter where you're going (the doctor's), the camera needs to be with you at all times.
I'm sure it was the funniest thing to see. She does crack us up!!
Love you guys, see you in a couple of hours.
Jule

Laura said...

What a funny story! Such a silly girl!! ;)