Thursday, May 17, 2007

1 to 10

Wow! Isabella counted from one to ten today all on her own. This was the first time she counted by herself without help or prompting. Our little girl is getting so big!

Medical update...I know a lot of you are thinking and wondering what my surgeon had to say about my bone scan and MRI. I heard from him late this afternoon. Good news...no cancer. Bad news...there is a new disk herniation at L5-S1 and the disk below. Because of the recent surgery he is hesitant to operate right now and asked me to "deal" with the pain for another six months. He also suspects that I will have continued herniations and pain because of the degenerative disk disease and spinal stenosis. The nerve damage in my leg is permanent and will forever cause numbness and the occasional shooting pain. I'll monitor the pain and we'll do another MRI in six months (if not sooner) to watch the progression of the pressure and bulge. Thanks for all the continued prayers! (I can't wait to get back to our house and some resemblance of a schedule. I just have to remember to take it easy. My back will never be as strong as it used to be!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen -
I know what you are going through. Just take one day at a time and know what your limits are!

Love,
Dee