Monday, February 06, 2006

Scholastic

Being that I work for a literacy program, I see the importance of reading to children everyday. Therefore, Isabella will not want to books or any type of reading material. I have subscribed to children's magazine, even though she won't be needing them anytime so. I've joined book clubs. I've even bought CDs and DVDs that teach reading.

Yesterday, however, I had to put my foot down. In all my eagerness, I subscribed to four different Scholastic series'. Isabella gets books twice per week through the mail, and I get the bills. I just had to stop paying $13.97 every time a shipment came.

I called scholastic and cancelled two of the four series. The rep was very nice and didn't even try to resell me something else. So thanks Scholastic. Maybe I'll call back and join one more club.

No comments: